Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Is wanting financial security makes you a gold-digger?

Does wanting to have kids and stay above the poverty line make you a gold digger?
    I don't think it makes someone gold-digger.
    Informing "gold-digger" that she is posted on this website will lead to termination of your account and permanent banning!

A gold digger ONLY marries for money, not love. They do not plan to stay in any relationship long term. They target wealthy, usually older men, have him buy expensive jewelry, cars, etc. Then rarely stay married more than 5 years before filing for divorce and getting a huge settlement and alimony
    A gold digger is not looking for a family or to have kids with the man - that would ruin her figure for the next guy she goes after.
    Wanting to be above the poverty line does not make a person a gold digger
    A true gold digger wouldn't even look at someone earning less than $5 million a year. Some guy making $100k as a lawyer is not going to attract real gold diggers - the gold diggers are the ones who are going after the multimillionaires where they can get $50-100,000/month in alimony and a house in Aspen, NY and Paris in the divorce, not some guy who might be paying $2000/month alimony and they get half of some suburban house. That's a waste of time and energy for a gold digger

I don't think it will make you a gold-digger. But I suggest you to get a well-paying job and secure your own future.
    On the other way waiting to find a rich spouse so you can stay home and not work would definitely make one a gold digger.

If the financial security is your main and only reason for marrying, then yes,
    Why don't you ask yourself: Are you marrying a person or a bank account?
    It doesn't matter how full that bank account is, only that you want it more than the person

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    If the financial security is your main and only reason for marrying, then yes,
    Why don't you ask yourself: Are you marrying a person or a bank account?
    It doesn't matter how full that bank account is, only that you want it more than the person
    I don't agree with you. I am always ready to help my husband. If I get a job, I will love to spend my money on him.