Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

How Can I avoid a Gold digger

There is a girl in my friendship group I have liked for a long time now and she's probably already heard the news. I always feel like (probably because I'm optimistic) that I have a chance with this girl. Sometimes I feel she shows signs of liking me in the same way I like her but I never act or do anything because she is in a long term relationship, so it just wouldn't be right of me to do so. If she suddenly is a lot more flirty with me do I presume she is blinded by what money I will be earning, do I wait to make sure she isn't etc?

If I'm meeting a girl and it comes to the subject of what I'll be doing after university do I avoid telling them I've secured a job (the name of the job insinuates it's high paying)? I really want people to like me for who I am and considering I've had no experience with girls (and I'm now going to actually start making more of an effort) how do I approach this? Thanks for any help.
    Informing "gold-digger" that she is posted on this website will lead to termination of your account and permanent banning!

Amy
    Your best bet is to require any potential partner to be financially autonomous: make sure they have their own income and aren't expecting you to fund their lifestyle. Keep your finances separate, this will repel potential gold diggers as they won't be able to take advantage of your income

I usually say that I am an I.T. nerd by profession. It doesn't always equate with being highly paid, but it does make a girl wonder how much smarter I am than her - c'est la vie

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Your best bet is to require any potential partner to be financially autonomous: make sure they have their own income and aren't expecting you to fund their lifestyle. Keep your finances separate, this will repel potential gold diggers as they won't be able to take advantage of your income
    I totally agree with you. Thanks for your advice.